5 French quotes about love
Hi guys! Bonjour à tous !
Love has always been the greatest source of inspiration to all kinds of artist and is represented in the seven arts. Today, I compiled 5 of the most beautiful quotes on love from French and foreign "love experts".
1) William Shakespeare. "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind."
Extract from A Midsummer night's dream.The English author has a long experience writing about love, from the young and passionate Romeo and Juliet, to the more mature and dramatic, Antony and Cleopatra. Here, a simple, yet poetic truth:
2) Blaise Pascal = "The heart has its reasons, that the reason doesn't know".
Though famously quoted as a reference to love, Pascal, French philosopher of the 17th century, was elaborating about religion and the fact that logic and reason can't understand faith. Therefore, the faith comes from the heart, defying the reason.
3) Yves Saint Laurent. = “The most beautiful clothes that can dress a woman are the arms of the man she loves."
The designer added: "But for those who haven't had the fortune of finding this happiness, I am there."
4) Victor Hugo = "To love is to say I love you without words."
The famous French author was far from being unfamiliar with love!
5) Paul Eluard = "the curve of your eyes surrounds my heart"
Here's the first verse to his famous eponymous poem dedicated to his darling's eyes. Simply beautiful.
That's it folks! Those are my top five favorite love quotes!
Leave a comment below to add your favorite love quotes to the mix!